Friday, July 11, 2008

ANGELA'S EYE-PLANET OF THE DRAWING APE


OUR GOOD FRIEND JAMES GRADY aka DRAWING APE WAS RECENTLY NOT ONLY INTERVIEWED BY MIDORI McSWAIN(very dope chick) OF A NEW UP AND COMING ONLINE DETROIT MAGAZINE ANGELA'S EYE(make sure you check it out...BUT FEATURED ON THE COVER OF THE SITE(big ups!!!)

HERE IS A PIECE OF THE INTERVIEW...

*What sets you apart from other artists?

I'd like to say my charm and dashing good looks separate me from other artist, so yea, I'll stick with that answer. I can't say I'm better than any other artist nor am I trying to be; I've always been competitive with myself, I want to outdo myself each and every time I produce a piece of art. In all honesty, I want to be the Michael Jackson of art. Not in the sense where I'm some "larger than life" character, but I admire his ambition and dedication to his craft (music/dance.) In the music and entertainment business he rose the bar so high that he become the bar, and he was crowned the King; I'm 99.9% sure I won't be "king," but I'm going to keep pushing myself to and beyond the limit, try to be innovative and relevant with the style of art I choose to make. I'm just going to continue being hard on myself, and give my best effort every time I make something; I give myself headaches ... ha.*


...MAKE SURE YOU CHECK OUT THE REST OF THE INTERVIEW BY CLICKING ON ANGELA'S EYE HIGHLIGHTED IN THE POST





ANNNNNNNND...


No comments: